Thursday, September 27, 2007

Good Morning Vietnam!!

I'm at the end of my first day in Vietnam, using the free internet at the fancy hotel in downtown ho chi minh city (we bought food so its ok that we're using it). I just had a really fun first day in vietnam. I woke up at 5:00 this morning to watch the ship sail upriver into Vietnam toward Ho Chi Minh city - it was a pretty incredible view! Then I went back to bed for a few hours to wait for us to actually get to the city.

After the ship docked, a couple of friends and I spent the first couple hours wandering around the city to get a feel for the lay of the land and then we headed to the Rex Hotel (where I am again now!) for a massage, which we had heard were very good and very affordable here in vietnam. So.... because I had never had one before, a cheap and good one seemed like the best way to start. It was incredible! we had a little trouble finding the right floor of the hotel, but once we did we went in and found out that everything we had heard was true. We didn't have any other plans for the afternoon, so we ended up signing up for the 3 hour massage/body scrub/manicure/pedicure/facial for $36.00 US dollars. It was awesome, it was completely relaxing and fun. A good super-girly experience that I definately needed to have at some point in my life. And what better place to get a massage than Vietnam?

Tomorrow I leave for an overnight boat trip to the Mekong Delta where I will see lots of boats and pretty scenery and a floating market - it should be excellent! Then I have two more days to spend in HCM city, where I'm sure I'll find plenty more adventures.

2 comments:

Jyoti said...

EEK! Your trip sounds so exciting so far, you should post more pictures though. I miss you!!

Jyoti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.