Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We had a four day weekend for Buddhist Lent Day this past weekend. My friend Katie and I traveled to the second biggest island in Thailand, Koh Chang, which is on the eastern side of the country, close to Cambodia.

The holiday was characterized by rain, rain, bugs, rain, power outage, water outage and a lot of naps. I managed to get a ridiculous looking sunburn in the few moments that it wasn't raining. But actually, for all that the biggest thing we did was eat grilled corn and we spent most of our hours hanging out on the porch of our beach hut, looking out at the waves, it was a pretty perfect weekend. It was absolutely relaxing.

Now I'm back at work and we're learning the letter I this week! Tomorrow is English Day at school and apparently I'll be performing in a "Fable Puppet Show" which has no script for two hours. The head of the English proram has already warned us that the day will be "utter chaos." I'm excited.

No comments: