Saturday, August 11, 2012

I'm writing this post from the Hong Kong airport (gosh, its fun to say that) where I am sitting on the floor at what is apparently 5am, waiting for the shuttle to bring me to another part of this already huge airport to get on my next and final flight to Jakarta!

Officially I think it is Sunday... and I left on Friday.... and somehow I accidentally went to Toronto. But despite a rather hectic amount of itinerary changes, flight cancellations, and unscheduled maintenance work (American Airlines, I would prefer to never fly with you again), I had a very perfect moment after boarding the plane to Toronto. I wanted very much to curl up in a ball and fall asleep, until I remembered that no matter how ridiculous things seem, or how tired I am, it was important that I watch the lights and the land of my country disappear as I flew up into the clouds. It just seemed important.

No comments: