Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Really Big Boat

I now live in a teeny, tiny cabin on board a great big ship. The ship has seven decks, two dining halls, a weight room, a gym, a spa, 500-600 cabins (I haven’t counted), and an incredibly small pool. I’m told that compared to other cruise ships its actually very small, and will actually get smaller as time passes. Supposedly it is also the fastest cruise ship in the world. The name of my new floating home is the MV Explorer (sounds classy huh?)
We spent our first day on board the ship waiting in lines to get checked in and meeting each other (as far as I can tell every one in from California). We spent the second day being orientated – learning the rules, talking about safety, learning the rules, being seasick, and learning the rules.
Today was our very first day of classes; I just got out of my first one. The class was Global Studies, a mandatory class that we all have to take as an introduction to the program and the countries and cultures we’re visiting. On paper it sounds interesting, but in reality that doesn’t seem like its going to be the case. I’m hoping my afternoon class will be more exciting….

No comments: