Monday, June 28, 2010

I spent this past weekend in Bangkok. But on Sunday I desperately needed to escape the concrete and highways of city life, so I went to this little tiny island (Ko Kret) in the river just north of the city, to spend a couple hours wandering around shops and seeing handmade pottery being made. Most importantly, I went for a long walk and admired all the greenery.


one of the temples on the island

a house on the shore

green! the most vibrant swamp you could ever imagine.


a tiny house seemingly floating in that vibrant swamp of green



almost forgotten little shrines, hidden around the trees


an orchid in its natural habitat



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your adventures look pretty incredible Emily, but I can only assume that after you came out of that wonderful swamp, you were covered in green too? A big walking fuzzy bush with orchids dangling off of you.

Emily said...

I wish!! but no, I tried to leave the beaten path but was reprimanded by a thai potter. he shook his finger and put a serious face on. I think something scary must have been lurking in those waters.